is one of our favorite towns. The Windsor area has a sizeable Amish population, with several stores and shops you can visit. Windsor was once the exotic chicken capital of America and hosts an annual rodeo in late June (contact Chamber of Commerce for current dates).
An Amish store serves Windsor’s Amish community. They are closed Thursdays, Sundays & religious holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas, Jan. 6, Good Friday & Ascension Day [40 days after Easter]). Amish store has no phone.
Amish grocery store (Kuntry Bulk Grocery): Southeast of Windsor. See directions below.
When visiting the Kuntry Bulk Grocery, examine the jams & jellies, flours, sugars, teas, health foods, spices and utensils, as well as cookbooks, Amish crafts and perfume oils.
Also on WW north of Windsor you will find a bulk produce auction house.
Unfortunately, most of these stores we’ve listed in the past have closed.
June’s Antiques, corner of Mo-2 and MO-52 (101 N. Main) in old Western Auto building.
The Trading Post, 119 S. Main
Windsor Area Dining:
Nina’s Diner: Cafe & full menu, 800 W. Benton (MO-2 west) (660)647-5300
- Bob’s Drive-In: Burgers, etc., MO-52 east, summer only.
- Raymond’s: Full menu, 200 W. Main (sw end of downtown).
- Wagon Wheel Cafe, Downtown 1 block east of flasher.
Windsor Trailhead for the KATY Trail is located just east of the Casey’s store. Horse trailer parking available.
Directions to Amish store from Cedarcroft front gate:
Go LEFT (east) 6.2 miles to MO-23
Go RIGHT (south) 3.4 miles to Rt “WW”
Go LEFT (east) 8.7 miles to Windsor (Casey’s store at junction MO-2
To Kuntry Bulk Grocery from Casey’s in Windsor (distances approximate).
- Go LEFT (southeast) on MO-2 to Jct MO-52 – marker 1 (0.3 miles).
- Continue STRAIGHT (southeast) on Benton Street to Jackson Street – marker 2 (0.4 miles)
- Turn LEFT (east) on Jackson Street to Farrington Park – marker 3 (0.2 miles)
- Turn RIGHT (south) on County Line and go until pavement ends – marker 4 (1.1 miles)
- Turn left (east) on Brandon Road to store (1.1 miles) – marker 5
- Store is on right, entrance is on south side of building.
View WIndsor MO Amish store in a larger map
The Amish store is closed Thursday & Sunday, plus religious holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas, Jan. 6, Good Friday & Ascension Day [40 days after Easter]). It does NOT have a telephone