For a bit wider trip, try visiting some of these towns and attractions (listed clockwise from due north)
- Chamber of Commerce, 1923 Main, (660)584-3030.
- Attractions: Confederate Memorial State Historic Site, downtown country music theater, antique & craft stores.
- Dining: Asbury House, 2010 Shelby, (660)584-2030.
- Is an historic river town not too far north of Higginsville. Besides old buildings and antique stores, visit the Battle of Lexington State Historic Site
- Chamber of Commerce, 1208 Maple, (660)463-2454.
- Attractions: German community hosts German festivals (especially its Oktoberfest in early September).
- Dining: Biffles BBQ
- A German community with festivals and lots of shops
- Site of 1861 Battle of Cole Camp
- Antique stores downtown & along US-65. Try Rick’s BBQ, US-65 north, (660)547-3417.
- Chamber of Commerce & Truman Lake info (660)438-5922.
- Lots of antique stores & fishing resorts.
- Don’t miss the Truman Dam Visitors Center in season.
Truman Lake Area
- The closest access to Cedarcroft is Windsor Crossing on the Tebo Creek Arm, 3 mi n. of MO-7 on “PP”
- For boat rentals on the Grand River Arm, Bucksaw Point Resort (at end of “UU” off MO-7 east of Clinton), (660)477-3323/(800)331-4072.
- Try the K-7 Drive In for plate sized pancakes, Jct MO-7 bus & “K”, (660)638-4662.
Lone Jack area
- Stop at the Battle of Lone Jack museum off of US-50.