Johnson County is home to a number of smaller towns, ranging in population from a few dozen to over 3,000. Take some time to visit these towns and attractions.
Holden (our second largest town)
- Chamber of Commerce (816)732-6844.
- Country Creations, 115 W. 2nd, (816)732-4156;
- Second Time Around (Antiques & etc.) 207 W. 2nd, (816)732-4259;
- Scotty’s Dime Store, 111 W. 2nd;
- Page Baskets, (816)732-4786.
- Rural Holden:
- Pop’s Little House off MO-131 north of Holden – Crafts & unique food items, (816)732-4030;
- Iron Kettle Antiques & Flea Mkt off MO-58 2 mi. east of Holden, Sat-Sun 1-5.
- Holden Dining:
- Annie’s Route 58 Drive-In (great tenderloins, burgers), 300 E. 10th St (MO-58), (816)732-4019;
- Strate’s Drive-In (great tenderloins), 405 W. 2nd, (816)732-5565.
Knob Noster (& Whiteman AFB, home of the B-2 Stealth Bomber)
- Chamber of Commerce N. State St., (660)563-2444;
- Whiteman AFB public affairs office, (660)687-6123;
- Knob Noster State Park, (660)563-2463.
- Dining downtown – Panther Drive Inn & on the highway – Tequila Jalisco (authentic Mexican)
- Dutch Kountry Market, US-50 east, (660)563-2941
Johnson County’s Small Towns
- Centerview – Perron’s Everything and Moore, a nice small-town cafe wth a good buffet. 100 S. Depot, 656-3679.
- Chilhowee – Chilhowee Cafe; 115 E. Walnut (downtown), 678-5021 (may be closed; new cafe located on MO-2 just west of MO-F)
- Leeton – Jodi’s Cafe at corner of MO-2 and EE, local museum.
- Shawnee Mound (MO-13 just south of Henry county line) – The Country Store has work and outdoor clothing, guns & ammo, hunting licenses.