- Visit Blind Boone Park in Warrensburg – a place to relax & contemplate, pitch some horseshoes, visit a sensory walkway and enjoy specially-tended plantings. Find it on the map
- Drive to Powell Gardens, Kansas City’s botanical garden – native and non-native plants, a lake and a glass chapel. Find it on the map
- Take a walk or ride on the KATY Trail– America’s longest Rails-to-Trails conversion has a number of trailheads a short drive from Cedarcroft – Clinton, Calhoun, Windsor, Green Ridge and two in Sedalia. Some locations may have bike rentals available.
- Walk in the woods – Knob Noster State Park has woodlands and savannah, with improved and unimproved trails. Find it on the map
- Take a trail ride with a local outfitter – While others may exist, we are aware of Show-Me Trail Ride Outfitter in nearby Concordia. Please make your own arrangements in advance!
- Like sports? University of Central Missouri Athletics have highly competitive NCAA Divison II teams in many sports.
- Prefer the Theater? UCM Theater Department has a regular schedule. The Performing Arts Series brings in well-known performers. In the summer, check out the Central Missouri Repertory Theater (link not currently available). Find it on the map
- Take in some dirt track auto racing at Central Missouri Speedway on Saturday night, just north of Warrensburg, or LA Raceway on Friday night, about 15 miles from Cedarcroft. Both operate Spring-Fall, weather permitting.
- Go Fishing in Truman Lake – Bucksaw Point Marina near Clinton offers boat rentals in the upper Grand River arm. There are several other marinas near Warsaw.
- Visit a fish hatchery – Lost Valley Fish Hatchery near Warsaw offers tours. Nearby, the Truman Lake Visitor Center has a spectacular view of Truman lake (even occasional bald eagle sightings), a small museum with mastodon bones, and relocated pioneer buildings.
- Play some golf – Keth Memorial Golf Course is UCM’s public course, with on-line tee-times available. Other course in the area include Hidden Pines Country Club in Warrensburg and Royal Oaks Golf Course on Whiteman AFB. You’ll need to check on your eligibility to use these courses. Find them on the map
- Take in a festival – Sedalia hosts the Missouri State Fair & the Scott Joplin Ragtime Festival, Clinton hosts Olde Glory Days, Concordia’s Oktoberfest is popular. Almost every town has a festival of some variety – check with us if you’d like your plans to include a festival.
- Visit an art gallery – For contemporary art, try the Daum Museum in Sedalia. Local artists are featured at the Old Drum Trading Post and Cafe Blackadder in downtown Warrensburg.
- Visit a winery – The Montserrat area wineries in Montserrat are the closest – Find them on the map. Other wineries can be found at Missouri Wine website.
- Dine Out – See our Places to Eat page for a list (and a map) of Warrensburg area dining.See the map below for many of these sites:
See the map below for many of these sites:
View Cedarcroft-area in a larger map